The Montreal Holocaust Museum educates people of all ages and backgrounds about the Holocaust, while sensitising the public to the universal perils of antisemitism, racism, hate and indifference. Through its Museum, its commemorative programs and educational initiatives, the Montreal Holocaust Museum promotes respect for diversity and the sanctity of human life.
- To sensitise people of all ages and backgrounds to the Holocaust through commemorative events, survivor testimonies, educational programs and a museum
- To provide the tools to fight racism and promote respect and human dignity
- To present opportunities for intercultural understanding
- To promote educational programs and activities
The Montreal Holocaust Museum is a non-profit organisation and a recognised charity. The MHM is managed by a Board of Directors, which is responsible for the organisation’s strategic orientations and policies. The Board and the Museum plan their actions on a tri-annual basis in order to accomplish their objectives.
Never forget, never let this happen again. Thank you for everything.
Main Goals of the 2014-2017 Action Plan:
- The Museum is and will remain the expert organisation in Holocaust education and remembrance in Quebec, and will be furthered recognised for this role in Canada
- The Museum will achieve greater recognition as spokesperson for human rights
- It will find a balance between the Holocaust and human rights aspects of its mandates
Consult Previous Annual Reports: