Join us on November 13th at 12:00 pm for a virtual archives roadshow event in partnership with the Jewish Public Library and 9 other Jewish Canadian archives.
- Event in English
- Register for free online here
- November 13 at 12:00 pm on Zoom
- Special presentation with Sara-Jane Vigneault of the Montreal Holocaust Museum
Archives Roadshow: 11 Objects, 11 Stories, 11 Jewish Archives
Jewish archival collections across Canada hold objects that together comprise the collective memory of Jews who have lived here for centuries. Using one object from their respective collections, eleven archivists from the west to the east coasts of the country will share the stories of these objects that distill the role and importance of their collection in their regional spaces but within the larger context of the Canadian Jewish experience. As part of the Azrieli Foundation’s funding of the Jewish Public Library’s Digital Transformation Initiative, we are gathering our partners from across the country to give voice to memory.
Part I (Sunday, November 13): 12:00 PM(EST)
- Montreal Holocaust Museum – Montreal, Quebec
- Saint John Jewish Historical Museum – Saint John, New Brunswick
- Library and Archives Canada – Ottawa, Ontario
- Jewish Public Library – Montreal, Quebec
Part II (Sunday, November 27): 1:00 PM (EST)
- Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre – Toronto, Ontario
- Alex Dworkin Canadian Jewish Archives – Montreal, Quebec
- Congregation Shaar Hashomayim – Montreal, Quebec
- Ottawa Jewish Archives – Ottawa, Ontario
Part III (Sunday, December 11): 3:00 PM (EST)
- Jewish Museum and Archives of British Columbia – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Jewish Historical Society of Southern Alberta – Calgary, Alberta
- Jewish Heritage Centre of Western Canada – Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is the second part of a three part series, coordinated by the Jewish Public Library and funded by the Azrieli Foundation.