We are proud to unveil our nationwide educational project “Beyond the Walls of the Museum” to the general public as well as to teachers and educators across Canada.
Read the complete press release
Adaptation of our Pedagogical Tools
This multifaceted project brings together the pedagogical expertise of the Montreal Holocaust Museum, teachers and their associations, Holocaust education centres and various Canadian communities and organizations. It will improve educational support for the teaching of the Holocaust and human rights in Canada, offering all materials bilingually and free of charge.
Our partners are: Canadian Heritage, Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Freeman Family Foundation Holocaust Education Centre, Manitoba Education and Training, Université de Sherbrooke, Société des professeurs d’histoire du Québec, Social Studies Saskatchewan, Atlantic Jewish Council, and Holocaust Education Week Committee (Sydney, Nova Scotia).
New Teaching Guides
The pedagogical guide “United Against Genocide: Understand, Question, Prevent” officially launches today, as an effective tool to accompany both the virtual and travelling versions of the exhibition. The travelling exhibition is on display at the Montreal Holocaust Museum until August 17, 2018.
Later this year, a tool for Canadian teachers speaking to issues of contemporary rights will be developed with the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Canadian Training Tour
Through a nationwide tour beginning in the fall of 2018, our Education team will offer several free workshops and presentations at various schools, annual conferences, and Holocaust education weeks, from Halifax to Winnipeg, and stopping in Quebec City and Toronto. More details will come.
Here are the cities and dates on the tour calendar:
Click on an hyperlink to register for a training session. More info will be added soon!
- August 27-28, 2018 – Saskatoon, SK
- October 4-5, 2018 – École en réseau, Quebec City, QC (Free/For teachers only)
- October 17-18, 2018 – Freeman Family Foundation Holocaust Education Centre, Winnipeg, MB (Free/For everyone)
- October 19, 2018 – Manitoba Social Science Teachers’ Association (MSSTA) 2018 Conference, Winnipeg, MB
- October 19, 2018 – Congrès annuel de la Société des professeurs d’histoire du Québec (SPHQ), Quebec City, QC
- October 26, 2018 – Nova Scotia Teachers Union (NSTU) Social Studies Conference, Halifax, NS
- October 29 – November 2, 2018 – Sydney, NS
- October 31, 2018 – Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre, Toronto, ON (Free/For everyone)
To register for a training session in your region, please write us an email at email@example.com or call us at (514) 345-2605, ext. 3025.
This project is made possible thanks to the financial support of Canadian Heritage.