March 12, 2020 – The health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and employees is of utmost importance to us. We are closely following the developments of COVID‑19 (Coronavirus disease), and we are continuously updating our preventative measures at the Museum.
As per the Quebec Government’s declaration that all public events of over 250 people must be cancelled, we have decide to close the Museum (effective immediately), and to postpone all planned public events and survivor testimonies for the next two weeks. We are planning to re-open on Sunday, March 29, 2020.
We would also like to remind you of the following preventative measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water
- Observe hygiene rules while coughing or yawning, and make sure to cover your mouth and nose with your arm to avoid the spread of germs
- When using a paper tissue, make sure to dispose of it immediately and wash your hands
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance when interacting with others
- Avoid any unnecessary contact
- If you have symptoms, self-isolate at home and call 811
We are regularly assessing the situation and will notify you of any changes regarding the Museum’s activities. We thank you for your understanding.